Endocrinology is the branch of medicine concerned with studying the operation and the various diseases caused by the endocrine system, the glands and hormones that are secreted by glands to accomplish a specific task in the body.
Hormones control four basic areas of the body:
- Growth and development
- Maintenance of the internal environment
- Cell differentiation
- Regulation of metabolism and nutritional support
At Escaño Medical Center we value the presence of a rising or declining hormone levels trying to identify any of the following processes:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Diabetes Type 1 and Type 2
- Gestational Diabetes
- Thyroid Dysfunction
- Obesity and / or Overweight
- Proper growth and development in children
- Sexual and reproductive function.
- Metabolic cholesterol and triglycerides disorders